Kaitiaki ki a Kapiti.
Are you a kaitiaki of Te Awarua o Porirua? Have you been involved in environmental action? Tell us more, and you could be off to Kapiti Island!
Come share your environmental project with us, and you could be one of six lucky students selected to take part in an overnight adventure to Kapiti Island.
– Snorkelling in the Kapiti Marine Reserve.
– Boat rides to the Island.
– Staying in DOC Lodge.
– After dark tours with kiwi and penguins
– Bush walks and experience rare native birdlife.
The trip will take place on the 9 th -10 th December 2017
(BACK UP Following Weekend)
How do I enter?
1. Fill out the student entry form and check the details for entry below. Student entires are due in by the 17th of November at 5pm.
2. Share your project with other students from across Porirua on 21 November 2017, 12.30pm at Pataka Art and Museum.
3. The six student representatives chosen will also present their projects to the community on 2nd December at Pataka’s education space. The trip takes place on the following weekend.
ARE YOU AN INTERESTED STUDENT or TEACHER?
Download Student Information and Entry Forms below.
*Please note that students must be between 8 – 14 years of age to be eligible for the trip.
Contact Liz.Gibson@mtsw.org.nz for more information or to submit your entry by 17 Nov.
Student Entry Form